China Medical University Admission Regulation For Foreign Students
I Fact Sheet of CMU
- China Medical University (CMU) is one of the top ten medical schools in China with a history of 80 years.
- CMU has 9,013 academic staff, 27 colleges, 52 disciplines/specialties offering doctoral degrees, 64 master's degrees, and 13 bachelor degrees.
- CMU has 3 large and modern affiliated general hospitals, 1 dental hospital and 17 teaching hospitals for clinical medicine. The affiliated hospitals have 7,887 beds and 18,600 outpatient visits per day.
- CMU has graduated more than 70,000 students. Many graduates become high ranking officials or famous professionals, and many are practicing medicine in countries such as America and Japan.
- CMU library is the central library of National Medical Literature Resources Sharing Network of the Ministry of Health in the Northeast of China, having a collection of more than 1,000,000 volumes.
- CMU has cooperative relations with 66 international academic institutions and 266 international honorary professors/associate professors.
- CMU has been teaching medicine in English medium since 1978.
- CMU's teaching programs in English and Japanese languages have been listed by WHO's World directory of medical schools.
- CMU is among the first batch of Chinese medical schools authorized by the Ministry of Health to recruit international students.
- CMU is one of the universities authorized by the Ministry of Education of China to teach medicine in English for international students.
- Currently, there are 451 international students from more than 40 different countries or regions such as India, Sri Lanka, America, Japan, Kenyan, Nigeria, Thailand, etc. 267 are studying for the MBBS degree in English medium.
II Admission information:
1. Programs for International Students and Application Requirements
1) MBBS (in English/Japanese medium; duration: 6 years): The applicants must be graduates from high schools, aging from 17 to 30 years old, both physically and mentally healthy.
2)MBBS/Stomatology (in Chinese medium, druation: 5 years): Those who apply for this program must be graduates from high schools,aging from 17 to 30 years old , both physically and mentally healthy, and possess an HSK certificate at C level. the certificate HSK-C level. If the applicants do not have the HSK certificate, they should pass the assessment of Chinese proficiency by our university. Otherwise, they are required to learn Chinese for one year first, and then apply.
3) Visiting Student (1 or 2 years): The applicants must be graduates from medical colleges, with related working experience and corresponding certificates, both physically and mentally healthy. Programs for visiting students are as the following:
- Human Anatomy and Histoembryology (Junior & Senior)
- Physiology (Junior & Senior)
- Genetics (Junior & Senior)
- Immunology (Junior & Senior)
- Internal Medicine (Junior & Senior)
- Surgery (Junior & Senior)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (Junior & Senior)
- Pediatrics (Junior & Senior)
- Ophthalmology (Junior & Senior)
- Otorhinolaryngology (Junior & Senior)
- Emergency Medicine (Junior & Senior)
- Stomatology (Junior & Senior)
- Cell-biology (Junior)
- Medical Imaging (Junior)
- Oncology (Junior)
2. Documents required
1) the filled application form, which can be downloaded here:
2) 12th grade transcript and high school leaving certificate; if the applicants have got higher educational experience, they need to submit the documents as well.
3) Photocopy of the passport (from the first page to the first blank visa page).
3. Application process:
1) The applicants need to submit all the required documents by fax or e-mail.
2) After checking the documents, CMU will send the scanned copy of the Admission Notice.
3) The applicants need to pay the application fee 800RMB or 120 USD.
4) The JW202 (Student Visa Application Form) form will be processed and mailed to the applicants together with the admission notice.
4. Contact us
No. 92 Bei'er Road, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, P. R. China
International Education School
China Medical University
Telephone: 0086-24-23265539 0086-24-23256666-5113
Mobile: 13478208211; 13386885717; 15640069412
Working time: 8 am ---- 9 pm (Peking time)